Net Income Calculator: Assumptions
- The salary figures include benefits in kind
- There is no longer a PRSI ceiling for employees
- You are an employee under 65
- Full rate (A1) PRSI is payable
- The monthly figures assume that PRSI is collected evenly throughout the year.
- Both salaries are equal in the category of married both earners
- The carer spouse has no income in the category of married spouse home carer
- The only tax credits due are the personal, employee and home carer (where applicable).
- The calculations do not incorporate mortgage interest relief.
- The calculations do not incorporate child benefit.
- The calculations incorporate the new universal social charge, which replaces the former income levy and health levy